Using a mobile phone is the easiest way to make a short video clip featuring Welsh.
- Pick a short Welsh phrase, ideally 5-10 seconds long. The aim is to help encourage beginners and to highlight Welsh around the World.
- Please video in landscape.
- Write down the phrase in Welsh, you will need to submit this with your video.
- Check that you can shoot video on your phone and that it is working. If in doubt ask a friend to help.
- We just need a head shot, so suggest standing no more than 6ft from camera if friend is helping or closer if you are making a selfie. If you stand too far away the audio may not be very clear.
- We are not looking for Broadcast quality – more a fun approach. Can be indoors or outdoors.
- You can submit more than one video if you would like to record more than one phrase.
- Don’t worry if someone has already done the phrase you would like to do – this will help show the pronunciation differences between different dialects, genders and age groups.
- Your video will only be used by Braw Media to promote the Welsh language and not used for any other purpose.
- Our aim is to feature the spoken Welsh language by using digital media to help encourage more people to learn.
Note: sample video Scottish Gaelic!